Student Council News
The student council have many mini projects coming up. We have received more money to spend on our school playground and so the children spoke to their class to decide on the extra things that they would like to play with on the playground - and the field.
We have gathered a list of things that we would like and will be placing an order very soon.
The school are beginning a new recycling campaign - as a school we are aiming to improve the amount we recycle. The student council are going to be busy in the upcoming weeks on raising awareness of this.
9th February 2016
Even though the student council meets every week, I have to apologise for neglecting to share our latest news with you.
'Friends of Elm Tree' gave the student council £300 to spend on playground equipment. They began by thinking of things that they would like to have on the playground before looking through catalogues and picking out the equipment they would like. We have since had all the equipment arrive and have received very good feedback from all year groups.
Therefore, the children have since decided to organise a fundraiser for more playground equipment - so watch this space.
It was certainly a busy week last week with the student council meeting almost everyday to prepare for the Children in Need fayre. The children helped to prepare the stalls, make the instructions to the games colourful and judged the colouring in competition. All the children picked a stall in which they were going to manage and worked brilliantly to ensure everything was prepared.
The afternoon itself was a complete success - with lots of support from the rest of the school and parents. The student council were fabulous and worked on the stalls brilliantly so that each one ran smoothly. However, the excitement is not quite over yet as we have lots of prizes to give out today as well as the drawing of the raffle - good luck to all those who bought tickets. Finally, we also need to say a big thank-you to the prefects who supported the student council and to Peter Gray and the fire service who brought a fire engine along!
5th November 2015
1. We met to discuss the final names for our houses. It has been decided that blue team will be now known as Neptune, yellow team will be Saturn, red team will be Venus and green team will be Earth.
2. We have been lucky enough to be given £300 from the 'Friends' association to spend on playground equipment. As a student council we thought of things that children would like to have on the playgrounds and the suggestions included:
Painting on the playground - hopscotch, a-z, snakes and ladders;
... and even a hot tub!
3. We spoke about 'Children in Need', what further donations we have had for the raffle and what we need to organise. Lots of children have brought back their replies and can help during the event. We just need to put out a plea for some tombola prizes.
Tuesday 3rd November 2015
Tuesday 20th October 2015, 3pm
All representatives were present
We will review this again to make a final decision.
2. Discussed ‘Children in Need’ 2015. The student council have thought about hosting a fayre on Children in Need day - Friday 13th November. They suggested different stalls such as pin the eye patch on Pudsey and guess how many sweets are in a jar. It was also discussed that we could have a non-school uniform day where children will wear bright colours and spots. A letter will be sent out to parents at the start of November.
3. The student council wishes to support 'Christmas jumper day' for charity and this will take place on Friday 18th December 2015. Again, a letter will be sent to parents.