Our visions and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
The aims of the school are:
- To provide a safe, happy and stimulating school environment in which everyone will feel able, willing and confident to make their fullest possible contribution.
- To develop in children an enquiring mind, an enjoyment of learning for its own sake, and the ability to communicate and express ideas, opinions and emotions.
- To develop good relationships with our children’s families and other groups and individuals within the local community.
- To continue the development of the pupils moral values so that individuals behave in a responsible manner both to themselves and to others.
- To develop kind and caring attitudes and respect for other people, living things and their property.
- To develop consideration, courtesy and respect for other people, whatever their beliefs and culture.
- To enable children to learn how to co-operate in work and play.
- To offer equal opportunities to our children, regardless of gender, race and creed.
- To build upon strengths of each individual and to encourage them to use these to the full, supporting and compensating for weaknesses whenever possible.
- To promote the attitude that ‘learning’ can be a valuable, challenging and enjoyable experience.
- To develop, through high quality teaching and learning, a wide range of skills, concepts and knowledge, which are needed in a rapidly changing world.