We have a short term change to our COVID contingency - please see the letter below from Suffolk County Council. This will be reviewed on 18th October and updated.
This page is to keep all stakeholders up to date with our COVID risk assessments and contingency plans. We follow all guidelines provided by the Government and we update them regularly when changes are announced.
When should my child self-isolate or miss school?
- All children MUST attend school unless they are ill.
- From 16th August 2021, children under 18 and 6 months (or double-vaccinated adults) do not need to self-isolate or miss school if a member of their household or a contact, has Covid.
- Instead, they will need to book a PCR test but can continue coming to school so long as they have no symptoms and the test result is negative.
- If your child develops Covid symptoms at home, they should stay at home and should book a PCR test), NOT a Lateral Flow test.
- If your child develops Covid symptoms at school, they will be sent home and you should book them a PCR test.
- If your child tests positive for Covid, they will need to self-isolate. The rest of the household does not need to self-isolate if they are under 18 or fully vaccinated – but instead should book a PCR test.