Elm Tree Primary aims to provide a creative, inclusive, challenging and real-world curriculum that inspires future thinkers, innovators and problem solvers in an immersive environment that stimulates and supports high quality learning. To ensure that all learners exceed their potential academically, socially, emotionally and spiritually with their families, in their communities as in the wider world ensuring that they become ambitious life long learners.
As we develop and refine our new curriculum our guiding principles are that:
- Our curriculum is driven by big questions with underlying concepts such as empathy, power, rights and responsibilities.
- Our curriculum is underpinned by knowledge that is layered and revisited in a cyclical manner.
- Our curriculum planning is driven by high quality outcomes so pupils have a purpose for their learning.
- Our curriculum is assessed in different ways but always using a progression of skills and knowledge.
- Our curriculum is underpinned by the importance of basic skills; oracy, reading, the ability to write, calculate and apply mathematical skills.
- Our curriculum is interwoven with creativity with a passion for the Arts
- Our curriculum is developed on a model of depth and focus rather breadth and superficial knowledge.
If you wish to find out more detailed information about the school curriculum please contact the school office and ask to speak to the leader for the subject you wish to discuss.
For help and advice with English click here